2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hughes Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM
bmergner
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hughes Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit

Has anyone installed the Hughes Intake Manifold Kit? i am going to pull my intake and do the gasket/hughes plate but i am thinking i really like the whole kit. 600.00 is a bunch of money so i wanted to ask if anybody has done it and could pass along some feed back. i hate being first unless i am racing, hahahaha

Old 03-28-2010, 10:29 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it seems to be getting more popular and people loveem, its on my 2 do list

Old 03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Which kit are you talking about? In your post it seems like you are jumping around between the Plenum plate and the FI Airgap intake.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 PM
bmergner
Rookie

i am going to pull my intake BUT i am thinking about replacing the stock kegg with the airgap upgrade kit that hughes has for $600 beans. i was hoping somebody has did the airgap upgrade and i was looking for input.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:38 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.snowdigger.com/the_garage...es_intake.html

BOOYA!! the most in depth. it is in a durango, but the same engine. Same process.

This guy set the standard.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
bmergner
Rookie

i like that write up but he states his engine is "highly modifed". the fitment of the kit sounds great but i am hoping to hear input from somebody with a stock motor if possible.

i am just thinking if i pull my stock intake to replace the plenum gasket with hughes plate kit why not put something back on that is even better? i tow my boat and i plan to run this truck more as a daily driver as well so i like the idea of more performance and i really like the fuel mileage increase.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:32 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Originally Posted by bmergner
i like that write up but he states his engine is "highly modifed". the fitment of the kit sounds great but i am hoping to hear input from somebody with a stock motor if possible.

i am just thinking if i pull my stock intake to replace the plenum gasket with hughes plate kit why not put something back on that is even better? i tow my boat and i plan to run this truck more as a daily driver as well so i like the idea of more performance and i really like the fuel mileage increase.
His engine is not highly modified. It is the same as yours. Follow his writeup., If you look at his engine upgrades, all he did was the plenum kit and re-position his IAC (which you will have to do for the new plenum kit).

Heck, a dealership said my engine was highly modified because I had a round air cleaner, different injectors, and a MSD ignition.

Follow that write up. it is a stock engine writeup.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 PM
talon6
Record Breaker

like my airgap. it seems to be running better everday. one of the couple mods i have done, that i would do again. it seems just a little high priced to me though. its a good 8hr job, taking your time and getting everything nice. kinda donnt like the way the fuel rails bolt up. kind of a hokey way. no loss of power down low, maybe a little gain. it really starts to make a difference around the 2200 rpm mark. pulls alot harder.

Last edited by talon6; 03-29-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After I do my gears mid june I'm going to have to pick one up and some new body parts, I should send my used ones to yak.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
His engine is not highly modified. It is the same as yours. Follow his writeup., If you look at his engine upgrades, all he did was the plenum kit and re-position his IAC (which you will have to do for the new plenum kit).

Heck, a dealership said my engine was highly modified because I had a round air cleaner, different injectors, and a MSD ignition.

Follow that write up. it is a stock engine writeup.

actually if you go into his garage, and look on the link that says vehicle info, it says he has a 408 hughes stroker kit with the other regular heavy mods. definitely highly modified.

Quick Reply: Hughes Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit