2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny tripping check eng light

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 02:42 PM
kal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny tripping check eng light

Hi I'm a newby to Dodge, trucks and auto trannys so bear with me. I have a 98 Ram 4WD 5.2L my check engine light is constantly on and I got the codes downloaded. It is P1763 Manfacurer Contrl Transmission. I searched for what that actually means and came up with this. P1763 Governor Pressure Sensor Volts Too High The Governor Pressure Sensor input is above an acceptable voltage level. I have absolutly no idea what that thing is or what it does. Is this an easy thing to replace. Remember I have almost no experience with an auto tranny but I'm not new to mechanics and have changed engines and manual trannys before and a lot of other things too. Should I change the sensor or can someone give me some advice on how to troubleshoot this problem. The truck seems to have lost a lot of power when the light came on. I have to rev the engine really high just to get it to move from a stop. And now my mpg went way down too. It happened when my friend was towing my car on a trailer and he said the rpms jumped way up all of a suddon and the ck eng light came on. Please help. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Tranny tripping check eng light