DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Seafoam Treatment! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/242909-seafoam-treatment.html)

notanexit7 04-24-2010 03:52 PM

Yeah, thats what I did with the booster. Engine was at operating temp when I put some in. Let it run for a few seconds then shut it off. Waited about 5 or 6 minutes and then started it back up. I believe thats the procedure the sea foam website tells you.

yakkier 04-24-2010 03:56 PM

Yea but the booster line is too big to make the seafoam vaporize into the system but the PCV basicly instantly turns it into a mist and the intake moves it from there.

notanexit7 04-24-2010 03:59 PM

Sweet

yakkier 04-24-2010 04:04 PM

Yup i even tried leaving a comment on their website ALONG time ago when they first came out telling them that they should stickly use the PCV and stop using the booster line because it does nothing but their site didnt let me.

Not like they would have listend to me anyways lol

Nando Vazquez 04-25-2010 11:54 AM

I dont know where the PCV valve is on my 5.2. Can anyone tell or show me

shibbyman22 04-25-2010 12:21 PM

Not sure if it's in the same place on every motor for every year but it should be in the valve cover on the passenger side.

Laramie1997 04-25-2010 12:37 PM

Yak, prove to me how fogging the intake via the brake booster does nothing? It all goes to the same place and IE, it fogs. Fog means light mist in which case there would be no puddling. Just show me how and why you think this to be so.

To the OP, you can pull the PCV valve and do it there or just take the air hat off and pour small amounts of it down the TB blades manually operating the throttle there to keep her running. Personally, I don't buy into the idea of putting it in your oil. Just fog the intake and put the rest in your gas if you want but even that's not required.

gevalco207 04-25-2010 03:19 PM

Seafoamed my truck yesterday broke my pcv valve trying to get it out. yes sucking it from the pcv make my truck smoke like hell. The booster not as much weird but seemed to run little smoother. 1/3 bottle

jamesnb 04-25-2010 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nando Vazquez (Post 2103886)
I dont know where the PCV valve is on my 5.2. Can anyone tell or show me

It's connected to one of the valve covers. A hose runs from it to the intake. Don't confuse it with the breather on the other valve cover that has a hose that runs to the air filter.
When you pull the PCV valve from the valve cover, shake it to make sure it rattles. If it doesn't, it needs to be replaced. It's only about $2.

2 Marks 04-25-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by yakkier (Post 2102835)
Yea but the booster line is too big to make the seafoam vaporize into the system but the PCV basicly instantly turns it into a mist and the intake moves it from there.

Seafoam makes a great product that circumvents the mist issue: Deep Creep. It's Seafoam in an aerosol can for the same price. It works great on vehicles, outboards, lawn mowers etc. that have intakes/carbs perpendicular to the ground.