2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question for all who have done a 408 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010 | 12:27 AM
Kraiger
|
Veteran
Default Question for all who have done a 408 stroker

My question is, if you were to build another stroker, who would you buy a kit from? KRC, Hughes, or just pieace it together yourself? Reason being is im getting ready to build a stroker, Finaly. and I want to do it right the first time. I dont want to go completely crazy with it but I have 37's on the truck and for truck pulls, Bumper to Bumper, Im just lacking a little with stock engine with couple bolt ons and a programer. I just put in 4.88 and after this last weekends event, well i can turn them just not as fast as id like. So any ideas guys?

Old 05-03-2010 | 10:36 AM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker

I have not done a 408 stroker but I have been pricing them out. Depending on your hp goals you may not want to buy a kit. The kits come with forged internals and new connecting rods. If you are building a lower Hp motor look at simply buying a cast 4" stroke crank, stroker hypereutechnic pistons, and reuse the stock rods. It saves a lot of money. I have been looking at hughes engines for parts.

Old 06-10-2010 | 06:02 PM
carnage666

Can I put a 3.79 stroke crank without having to bore the block? Also, what kind of pistons could use to avoid any boring? I'm just trying to save money, also my crankshaft has a bad vibrate to it and need to do something quick. And by the way does anybody know of a 3.79 crank that is made for the magnum 360's because the only ones I found was for the LA 360's.

Quick Reply: Question for all who have done a 408 stroker