2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge vs. All

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JackJ
I did have fun going WOT past the sales dude in my Ram, flowmaster screaming like a banchee, showing what a real truck sounds like and performs like.
That annoys hell out of the Ford fanboys. But it needs doing from time to time.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:32 PM
ramsport-99
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ramsport97, What r u talking about, a cummins or a cat in a ford, Not the pickup. Maybe in the f-650 but every deisel truck ford has ever made for the general public, to the best of my very deep ford knowledge, has been an international. They went 6.9, 7.3, 7.3 turbo, 6.0, and 6.4, and ford is building the current engine themselves which is a 6.7 tubo v8. These r all 3/4 ton plus trucks also. U cant get real truck equipment in the half ton configuration, Ford had that strange ttb front end, chevy was all A-arms, and the wonderful dodge with the straight axle, a real truck component in a half ton truck. 3/4 tons r a different ball game completely but dodge still holds its own verywell. At least at all our stock class 4x4 truck pulls.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:47 PM
ramsport-99
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and the superduty had a big problem with water on the fuse box which made alot of interesting things happen seeming how the body control module was attached to the back of it. And the front axle likes to hop violently when digging for traction breaking assorted links and such, Oh and the early years of the superduty, 99-01, if u plowed and didnt use low range, kiss that tranny goodbye, and if u wanted the front to be quiet u needed to replace the plastic leafspring bushings yearly to stop the constant squeeking, Just some common stuff from when i was a ford service tech. And to top it off ford went to the coil setup very simialar to the dodge on its superduty, Hmmm, maybe still one step behind.

Last edited by ramsport-99; 05-14-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Dodge vs. All