2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Occasional low idle, loss of oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 03:24 AM
urbex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxea
If you don't want to buy the Hughes plate, do what I did, go to your scrap yard and find a piece of 1/4 inch AL and cut out your own plate.
That's exactly what was going through my mind. Hell, I'm a fabricator by trade, cutting a chunk of plate is pretty simple to me...the only downside for me is that I don't have access to a CNC machine, so my holes might not be exactly on center....technically it shouldn't matter, but without having seen the underside of the plenum, I didn't know how much room I had to work with.

For me, it's not so much about buying or not buying the plate, or the amount of money, more that I just wasn't sure if it was really needed. As I said before, it sounded like it was more intended for boosted applications, not stock engines.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:42 AM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the hole dilemma, measure twice and drill once. Lol. U should b good that way. I mean, how u think people did this before "CNC" machines were invented? Lol.

Quick Reply: Occasional low idle, loss of oil pressure