2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power mirrors problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Alouie
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power mirrors problem

I need some help, I have a 98 ram and the inside dome lights and power mirrors dont work. Previous owner said that there was a shortage somewhere and he couldnt figure it out.

I went and checked the fuses, and in the illum spot there was a 15 and supposed to be a 5. Replaced it and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Is this a common problem? About to go use a test light to make sure all the fuses are getting power.

Thanks

Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Alouie
Amateur

Anyone? Cant figure it out

Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Alouie
Amateur

So I messed around with a multi meter, and the "illum" fuse barely has any power going to it, nothing at all basically. The dome light and the power mirrors also have no power going to it. But the door locks, windows, everything works. Even the gauge cluster lights. The cd player memory doesnt work either, previous owner said he had to cut it because the power didnt turn off after he turned off the ignition.

The door switch that activates the dome light when opening the door doesnt seem to be doing but had 8 volts going to it.

I am running out of ideas. Does anyone know what is all plugged into the illum fuse? And have a idea? Thanks

Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like the previous owner butchered up the wiring.... lol have fun with that, I hate chasing wiring problems....

I'm sure someone here will chime in with some answers for ya, we got some damned smart heads around here

Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Alouie
Amateur

Yeah its all messed up.

Like there is something under the dash that says rattler 300, and he had a tracking attena and a cb. I haven't even looked at it all that yet. I need to find a good wiring diagram so I can fix it all.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Alouie
Amateur

thanks man!

Quick Reply: Power mirrors problem