2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Screamin Demon Coil

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:15 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Demon Coil

I only found two things in the search for this coil, maybe i searched/spelled wrong. Does anyone else have input on this coil? NOT looking for another MSD/ACCELL coil debate, thanks http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DUI-31728/

Old 05-23-2010, 02:22 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm interesting never heard of it i have MSD one and prob dont benifit off it unless i get a 6a box

Old 05-23-2010, 04:12 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
Hmm interesting never heard of it i have MSD one and prob dont benifit off it unless i get a 6a box
I just put in the 6AL box with my MSD coil. You can gap the plugs a bit more. I gapped them to .042 and the truck really goes when you floor it. The continuous spark really does a good job.

Other than 3 sparks per crank, the biggest helper is being able to gap your plugs more. Make a bigger spark.

Plus the bigger 4 hole injectors made a difference.

1. Bigger injectors with 4 holes
2. MSD coil and box
3. Gap the plugs to get a bigger spark

All that equals burning more fuel more efficiently. MORE POWER

Old 05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Originally Posted by DukesOfHazzard
I only found two things in the search for this coil, maybe i searched/spelled wrong. Does anyone else have input on this coil? NOT looking for another MSD/ACCELL coil debate, thanks http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DUI-31728/
If you really want to buy a coil, I have my hypertech coil that I used in my 1996. It looks exactly like a stock coil, except that where the part number is, it is dremeled off. I don't know why I bought the MSD coil, because I tested the hypertech and it works. The hypertech looks exactly like the MSD coil, except is is black.

Send me your address and i will send it to you. You only would have to pay shipping.

The only thing you might need to do is buy that harness adapter (or just find a bone yard and rape a connector from an eariler model. i believe 98 and lower and just splice it like i did)

--Dan

Old 05-23-2010, 07:49 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

pm sent, but like i said if someone is reading this and is in dire needs of a coil, let em have it first ok...i appreciate the offer.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

If someone is in dire need of a coil, I have a stock coil I can give them. Works dandy.

Come to think of it, I have two stock coild now. one that is from a 1996, and one from a 2001.

I would not give this coil to anyone that did not have 8mm wires.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

Dude i just got your coil, to my suprise that was a nice gesture!, thank you! , i didnt find the self adrresed envelope, but i'll be for sure to send you my grattitude.Its kinda funny im sitting here just thinking wow!!!,thats impressive. you dont even know me except from a forum and he hooks me up with a coil, makes me want to pay it forward as they say, ten times, much appreciated again.....i wish 2nd gen had a barter section, if they do i missed it,, and HAPPY MEMEORIAL DAY!!!!!you've inspired me....

Quick Reply: Screamin Demon Coil