2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hopefully this is the end of repairs for a while.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:58 PM
GregBranton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully this is the end of repairs for a while.

I bought my truck over the Easter holidays, just recently I replaced:
right/left tie rod ends
trac bar
front shocks
Shackles
o2 sensor
TPS
stabalizer bar bushings
complete clutch
Transmission mount

luckily I work part time at a garage and can get the garage price on the parts. Still being in high school and replacing things isn't the easiest!

Anyone else here around my age in the same boat?

Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
bigslick050
All Star

LOL, the repairs, and/or upgrades have been never ending for me. I knew zero about vehicle repairs and maintainence before my truck, now I can change and repair just about anything I need to with the correct tools available.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Sniperinhisname
Professional

yeehaw i heard ya. i just graduated about a year ago. it sucks with a part time job don't it? (oh and don't jynx yourself. The old girl will prove other **** can go wrong haha)

Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Special Needs

Yeah bud i know how it is, i'm a senior and i've replaced over 2500 dollars worth of **** on my 95 2500, i got the truck on my own and bought all the **** on my own, along with everything else i got outback (ALOT)
I learned helping others even if they don't pay you back you'll get the favor back somehow, even if you don't notice right away, and it makes you feel better to know your better than half the lazy *** americans (i know plenty)
my truck doesn't run perfect and i can't figure out why, i still drive it everyday but can't figure out why it has a slight missfire,

Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right there with you, replaced a whole lot of stuff and added a few things and i hope thats all i have to do for a long time, actually i take that back, i'll be doing or rather having the transmission replaced later on in the year.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:32 PM
GregBranton

I bought the truck and all the parts myself, my parents offered to help but I wanted to do it all on my own. Done school in 2 weeks, then I'm off to university. Can't wait until i start making some real money to get my truck how I want it, because I wont be selling it! Gonna miss working on the damn thing and having to drive the Prelude while I'm gone away for school.

Quick Reply: Hopefully this is the end of repairs for a while.