2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This must be shared

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Skoubah
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drive by one of those everyday, identical except a bit more rust.

I always wanted to see it out driving but its always just parked in the driveway.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id say about at least 1/2 of the Indys came from the factory with a rollpan.
Of the 3 on the lot where I bought mine, 2 had pans. I bought one, good buddy I met a few years later online bought the other one with a pan.

I think I prefer my under hood, 1st pic is from 06
2nd & 3rd pic is how the motor looks now

Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

^^ I remember when you first posted that first pic. You set the standard.

Are those powdercoated Valvecovers? Or are they anodized?

Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Powder coated, had a shop do them & my chrome diff cover back in 98, still look great.
Headers done by another shop, the Procharger head unit came polished.
I polished the tensioner, tb hat, ceramic painted or powder coated everything else myself(every bracket, nut, bolt & washer). Oh, my M1/4BBL(ported/decked/matched) is a specialty heat coating done by another shop, releases heat faster, has a heat reflective coating on the underside.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:31 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Alright, I'll say it, RM-Indy is a bastard . J/K Indy, I love everything about that darn truck.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 PM
kj4cwa
Professional

Looks like any other truck any of us may have. That engine bay looks just like mine, just cleaner. I bet it even has that 2nd Gen lean. The pic of the roll pan looks like they tilted to the right a little more (as you all know our trucks lean to the left). Nice paint tho. I like RM_Indy's Indy better.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Originally Posted by RM_Indy
Powder coated, had a shop do them & my chrome diff cover back in 98, still look great.
Headers done by another shop, the Procharger head unit came polished.
I polished the tensioner, tb hat, ceramic painted or powder coated everything else myself(every bracket, nut, bolt & washer). Oh, my M1/4BBL(ported/decked/matched) is a specialty heat coating done by another shop, releases heat faster, has a heat reflective coating on the underside.
Where did you get that TB hat? I want to get one of those to make a functional ram air (Single tube). And what do they cost? Spectre sells them for 77 bucks for polished chromw, but i was wondering if they were any cheaper. Also is the hat offset (or do you need to bend threaded bar)?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
Where did you get that TB hat? I want to get one of those to make a functional ram air (Single tube). And what do they cost? Spectre sells them for 77 bucks for polished chromw, but i was wondering if they were any cheaper. Also is the hat offset (or do you need to bend threaded bar)?
I believe that TB hat came with his Pro Charger system.

kj4cwa- Not all of our trucks lean, you probably just need to replace your rear leaf springs.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

yeah, those bad boys flaten when your truck sits. My truck sat for 12 months while i was deployed (my 1996) and the leaf springs were pretty flat. Also, the tires wobbled for the first 2 miles because they were temporarily indented in the position they sat in.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:50 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

My rear sides, measured to the top of the wheel well, are identical to within an eighth of an inch. My fronts, however, are off by 3/4 of an inch. Lean on driver's side. Front tires are same pressure. Coil spring on driver's side is OEM from dealership, less than 2 years old. Passenger side is factory original coil.

No one can tell its leaning except for me. I'm **** like that about certain things with the truck. I've learned to ignore it... for now. Plan on maybe eventually doing a 1" level kit, and only installing it on the driver side, to correct the slight front lean.

Quick Reply: This must be shared