2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stupid question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 AM
chogg
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid question

ok I have a 96 2500 4x4 stock. I have had it about 2 months now and love it. here is my question. as far as I know the truck runs fine no knocks or pings etc... I looked down into the intake and its clean so im guessing that at least for now the plenum is fine? I really don't want to tear into my engine till I have to and there are other projects I would rather do first if I could get away with it so opinions: just keep an eye on the intake and oil usage till the plenum blows or suck it up and get it done? I would rather wait and just do the air gap but I can't justify that expence to my wife as long as the truck is running right.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can take the proactive stance and fix it now, or wait until the problem is screaming at your face.

I say this because I would be willing to bet that even with the intake looking OK now, it's still leaking somewhere that you can't see. The only real and true way to check is to pull the the entire manifold off and have a look see.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would fix it before it happends, just because it makes other problems to pay for like clogging your cats,new spark plugs, new o2 sensors, adding oil all the time ext ...

Quick Reply: stupid question