2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need a stock cd player for a 98 dodge ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Two60s98
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need a stock cd player for a 98 dodge ram

ORIGINAL: GreenOffroad01

Why would anyone want a factory cd player??
Anti-theft, for one thing. But, seems like most have problems, so we may end up going aftermarket.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Tani1500
Champion

ORIGINAL: kossuth

Personally just throw a Pioneer or something into it. I had the factory CD player in my 01 and the damned thing just ate my CD's. I ended up replacing it with a Alpine and smashed the living crap out of the factory CD player. It was the Infinity model too.[:@]
if you look now, pioneer makes full size units to fit our radios. they look really good. check summit racing, i think thats were i saw them. i wish i got that. ( bout mine 2 days before i saw that one.)

Old 08-16-2005, 01:23 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Here's another suggestion.....my brother recently bought a CD Changer that uses radio stations to play his cds......you just tune it into a certain radio station i.e. 83.3 and it broadcasts his cds across it.....works pretty good...i was skeptical at first but he has been happy with it....he got it at bestbuy.......i know it may not be something you want.....but it may be worth the expense if you are considering an aftermarket single cd player....

Old 08-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran

When I bought my Ram it had one of those FM modulated CD changers with a Pioneer head unit. I hated it. I forget the brand of the CD changer, but the sound quality was horrible, plus you had to mount the remote for it somewhere (wired remote that mounted with doublesided body moulding tape...ewww, definately not the clean look I like). I sold the head unit and changer on E-bay, which paid for my factory 4-disk changer head unit.

I'm sure most FM modulated changers are pretty good though (otherwise there'd be a lot more complaints about them), and I just had a crappy one, sp that's a pretty good suggestion. Before you buy one though, look at a few different ones and get reviews of them off the internet so you don't end up with a crappy one like I had.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:29 AM
dodgekid
Professional

Mine had a stock CD player in it till a few weeks ago. It sounded so good for a stock stereo. Especially with my factory tweeter in the A pillars. Best part is, you could feel Bass coming through on all corners. w00t. So, yea, you can find stock players.

Quick Reply: I need a stock cd player for a 98 dodge ram