2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Floormats for a Vinyl floor that dont slip - here they are

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 09:10 PM
zeekxxx
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floormats for a Vinyl floor that dont slip - here they are

The brand on them is HIGHLAND and you can order them from jcwhitney.

They are custom fit to the truck. Kinda pricey but they are soft rubber and they grip not slip.

Plus as you can see they have an anchor screw you can use if you dont want them riding up when you press the brake or shift your feet.

But dont armor-all the floor like I did... they shoot out of the truck.... Took me forever to remove that gunk. They dont slip now.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:02 AM
2kramquad
Default RE: Floormats for a Vinyl floor that dont slip - here they are

Maybe I'm missing something, and no disrespect intended, but what is the point of floor mats on a rubber floor? In my old truck bc (before carpet) I just kept a little whisk broom behind the seat for when the dirt piled up.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2kramquad

Maybe I'm missing something, and no disrespect intended, but what is the point of floor mats on a rubber floor? In my old truck bc (before carpet) I just kept a little whisk broom behind the seat for when the dirt piled up.
Same reason they put carpeted floormats in a carpeted interior.

Floormats hold the dirt in a centralized location. When you are really muddy, it is easier to take out the floormat and hose it off then it is to clean out your interior.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:25 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: 2kramquad

Its a good question...

The rubber floor is nice but it wont hold melted snow and water in one spot. When you drag your snow filled feet in the truck your gonna get a swamp in there. These mats hold water in the channels where it dries up from your heater vent or you dump it.

Thats my reason and it works for me. Now if I was in a dry part of the USA I might not get them. A broom would be easier.

Old 06-03-2005, 03:02 AM
2kramquad

I see, said the blind man. We don't get much snow in Florida, I'm only used to dealing with a little sand and liquid sunshine.

Quick Reply: Floormats for a Vinyl floor that dont slip - here they are