2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking at a 94 ram gotta couple of questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010 | 01:10 PM
rwilhelms
|
Veteran

Yeah I didnt think this guy had a clue what he was talking about. Thats why I didnt believe him when he said that he fixed the rear main. He was talking to me about putting the new front axle in and I said oh yeah well your axle seals are leaking hes like for real so I wiped my finger down there and showed him and he kinda faked a surprise. Then he gave me a look like wtf are you doing when I crawled under the truck and told him there was no lift and asked about all the oil under there. Im kinda glad I didnt get the urge to buy like I normally do

Old 08-06-2010 | 01:25 PM
bigslick050
All Star

Best thing to do is just be patient when looking for new meat. Gotta find one that will find ur needs, price, and mechanical ability as far as repairs go...

Old 08-06-2010 | 01:47 PM
stmabe

Originally Posted by ColoradoRamLover
Yea, the guy I bought my truck from was. We payed 6300 for mine with 147XXX on it. We thought the guy babied it and took care of it(if I ever see that guy Im gonna... Say a few words and maybe more..). Tranny took a dump 2 hours after I bought it Soo be careful my friend.

I know the feeling. Traded for a 2001 Ram Quad cab got about 600 miles out of it the transmission went into limp mode. Couple of weekends (waiting on parts) and about $300 back on the road.
RamLover is correct just check it out really good and if it don't feel right don't get it.

Old 08-06-2010 | 02:04 PM
rwilhelms
|
Veteran

Ha well this guy now texted me asking if he should save it for me and told me that it wasnt the axle seals leaking it was bearing grease. I've owned 2 dodges now and I know what its like when the axle seals are out. Ive never seen liquid bearing grease before either. Im definatley going to stay away from this one.

Old 08-06-2010 | 02:50 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by bigslick050
Best thing to do is just be patient when looking for new meat. Gotta find one that will find ur needs, price, and mechanical ability as far as repairs go...
++!

It always pays to take your time finding a used vehicle, but to be very active in picking out those few cherries that come up for sale. You want to be the first potential buyer to see anything that's worth looking at, and always willing to walk away.

It pays to keep in mind that Dodge produced hundreds of thousands of these trucks in each model year so there's always another one to look at. It can be frustrating at those times when you've pored over a couple hundred ads and not seen one worth looking at, and the few you've seen have been duds, but a few years later when you're still very pleased with the one you selected to be your baby it will all have been worth it.

Quick Reply: Looking at a 94 ram gotta couple of questions?