2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

95 dodge ram O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
GeorgeB421
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucking hard thru the intake very bad mpg a lil bucking. Cel comes on and and goes lol. My Durango did the same thing so that's why I'm leaning towards the 02 sensor. The truck has all new tune up parts

Old 06-01-2013, 01:32 PM
JaredMisiorek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 98 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 the truck starts but idles at high rpm. The idle shoots down when I put it in drive it will take off when I give it gas but sputters and wants to die when I let off of it. When I get to 2nd gear it sputters on me. Could this be a bad o2 sensor?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome to df.
fill out your profile with year, engine, 2wd/4wd, auto/manual.

you should start your own thread and repost your question. otherwise, people will read the original question from 2 years ago and reanswer it instead of yours.

idle is controlled by a mysterious combination of the throttle position sensor (TPS) and idle air control (IAC). these terms are hard to search on this site because they don't meet the 5 character minimum word length for the stupid search engine.

so use google to search phrasing like this:
site:dodgeforum.com IAC

some problems are solved by cleaning the IAC pintle or well, but more are solved by replacing it. IAC is the primary control. but, sometimes the TPS can be bad, causing the IAC not to do its job.

Quick Reply: 95 dodge ram O2 sensor