2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Strange 'dimp dimp dimp' noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:05 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
i have noticed a sound when braking as well, and have found its the sound of my rear brakes releasing ( mine does it when i let off the brake) ...hoping that may help...
a-ha. THat explains why the sound is like a clack with a slight ping. Whom knows. I have the shop looking at it. The truck is still under warranty until march 2011. So I am getting everything done.

I just hope that the tranny explodes before that date, and not after.

--Dan

Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlitvak
He showed me something interesting before he put it on the lift: With the truck turned off, he rocked it from the drivers side. The dimp-dimp-dimp noise went on for maybe 10 seconds after he stopped pushing. He said that was a dead giveaway for u-joints. I'm kicking myself for not paying attention to that noise.
mine does that too when I rock it side to side, I can hear a clicking sound. But most of mine is in the sway bar endlinks, they are both loose and need replaced. I changed 1 front U joint last summer, but I'm gonna give em both a good look over now, after reading this

Quick Reply: Strange 'dimp dimp dimp' noise