2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Bu5 plz help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 PM
BrokenDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Bu5 plz help

On the weekend my Alternator went on my Hemi so i took it off and got a new one. While putting it in i forgot to unhook the battery cable and accidently grounded the Wire that goes on to the alternator. Had a few sparks nothing major. Corrected my mistake but when i was finnished my truck will start for 3 seconds and shut off. It has a "No bu5" display on the dash. What did i short out and how can i fix it. plz help

Old 09-08-2010, 03:11 AM
shainhaas

I have seen this many times on chrysler and dodge vehicles, being a chrysler certified technician. No bus is not good. Pretty much all you can do is check all your fuses. If no fuses are blown then you more than likely shorted out your central communication module for all your computers. It is possible though that you did short out an individual module. The bus is the communication circuit used for you computers to comunicate. If you have no blown fuses you will have to go to dodge to have them put their computer on it and find wht module lost communication. Starting and dying is the security on the vehicle not recognizing your key chip so it immlobilizes your vehicle. Dodge is the only one that can reprogram this.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
DurangoRT/RN
Rookie

sorry wrong thread

Last edited by DurangoRT/RN; 09-08-2010 at 02:56 PM.