2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

head light problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default head light problems

ok guys.... i know i havent been on here in a while. but you guys may know this... i dont know if this is another kind of "i should pm the electricain" kind of thing but im going put this on here..

ok, i know my fourways switch is messed up. sometimes when i push the button to make them come on, and it turns the lights on, it turns the right directional on, push it back down, hit it again, will usually turn both sides on. thats one problem, just a bad swtich i know..

my headlights, i turn my low beams on, fogs work, everythings good.. click the highbeams, and it doesnt turn on.. the switch clicks like it should, but when the highbewams come on, the parking lights come on ( fogs, markers, tails) and the headlights go out completely, no hibeam indicator or anything...

click again they turn back to low beams...

went out this morning, tried again, clicked, they went out, and clicked back, no headlights will even come on at all now.. nothing what so ever..

one other thing i found funny, ya know how if ya leave your lights on, turn the truck off, it starts to ding at you with that fast paced ding... yea, it does that right now with the headlight switch off...

could this be a relay or a switch, or is it a short somewhere, or what..

Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Headlight switch, multifunction switch or wires in steering column are chaffed and rubbing one another or grounding.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:21 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 for zman's suggestions. My money is on the multifunction switch, but the headlight switches are known to be weak as well.

Quick Reply: head light problems