2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission/transfer case question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 03:40 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default transmission/transfer case question

hi guys. ever since i replaced my tranny i could smell tranny fluid after shutting off the truck and getting out. well i crawled under my truck today to re-install my front driveshaft. well upon getting under there i noticed some tranny fluid on the trans crossmember. well for some reason the fluid is leaking out from between where the t-case and tranny bolts together. is there supposed to be a gasket in there, or is something wrong? any help is appreciated. thanks.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No gasket! There is a seal on the rear of the tranny though! Not good news for you.https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...placement.html

Last edited by zman17; 10-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 PM
KY BIGRAM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought mine was la eaking seal also, until I took it out and found out my T-case housing was cracked. Hope the best for you.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no the t-case isnt cracked. its leaking directly from flange where its bolts to the tranny. the kid i bought the tranny from totalled his truck and said he thought the seal got ruined in the crash, but the seal appeared fine. but i guess it wasnt. now i have to fight with the damn crossmember again so i can get to the top bolts on the t-case easier. F**K!!!

Quick Reply: transmission/transfer case question