2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help with a coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Mikester1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anton2129
Seeing as i've replaced lots of intakes in my day, there are coolant passages that run across the intake in the front and rear to each head an if its coming out of the corner of the intake/Head then your intake gasket is leaking on what looks like the left side. Its pretty common on higher mileage small blocks the gasket will deteriorate where the coolant flows, hopefully its not getting into the oil gallery.
I agree with you on that, where you put a dab of gasket sealer on the runner where it meets the head, but he said hole. You are more than likely right though. Good call.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:35 AM
03neonSE
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I had a leak where you took the picture. But first, take a vaccum and clean all the loose stuff thats there, better yet...clean the whole area. Get some Permatex Degreaser and rinse it off. Come back with better pictures.

Quick Reply: Need help with a coolant leak