2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking At These Taillights...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking At These Taillights...

So I just put my Halo Projector Headlights, and L.E.D. 3rd brake light in today. Decided I should replace the taillights too while I'm on a roll. So I was looking at these....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...Q5fAccessories

But I have a question. Ok I understand it has the red L.E.D. rings but what would happen for brake lights? I mean you would have the clear bulbs in there like the stockers but there is no red there so it would just be well... clear light. Is this even legal? How would this work? Would the l.e.d. lights give off that much light when the brakes are applied?? Would a guy only run one bulb for the reverse lights and that be it? Any kind of help for how I could make these work would be great.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't know about these lights but LEDs are brighter than standard bulbs. Just look at the Caddy's, Lincoln's, etc. There LED taillights blind the sh*t out of me at times.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:27 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

At first I thought you put red tail light bulbs in them but the listing says LED in all functions. So you either get a LED bulb to stick in them OR the ring gets brighter when you hit the brake

Quick Reply: Looking At These Taillights...