2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

e fan hook up

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default e fan hook up

just got my efans ordered. but my question is what kit do i need or how would i hook it up to a temp sensor...my girlfriend drives my truck once in a while so i dont know if i can trust her flipping a switch...lol

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rec a flex-a-lite. About $50, and easy to wire.. It has an adjustable temp probe that you stick into the radiator.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:19 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

i see alot of them that say they have a push in type probe where do you "push" it in at...

Old 11-25-2010, 05:43 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have mine pushed into the radiator fins up near the return line on the drivers side. The coolant returning is nice and hot and kicks the fans on when the first hot dump happens after the tstat opens. I've heard other guys put it further away so they don't run as often, but I never run into a too hot condition even in dead Texas summers in stop and go traffic.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:46 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
I have mine pushed into the radiator fins up near the return line on the drivers side. The coolant returning is nice and hot and kicks the fans on when the first hot dump happens after the tstat opens. I've heard other guys put it further away so they don't run as often, but I never run into a too hot condition even in dead Texas summers in stop and go traffic.
ok that works thanks now i know what i am expecting as i get myself into a project. i am just useing a 2 10" fans i had sitting around my garage of my old twin turbo rx7... i figured if they could cool that thing the 5.2 should b no problem they are rated at 1270cfm apeice...

Old 11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

ok tried my fans today between the weather...and i rented a fan clutch removal tool... no luck how does this thing work

Quick Reply: e fan hook up