2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got to get it Running, PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010 | 06:37 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

he has a no start condition.

check your electrical status -
if you have 12v at the coil and spark at the spark plugs, there is no reason to replace the coil.

check your fuel status -
mash the gas pedal when you crank it.
if that doesn't work, give it a modest little shot of starting fluid.

i've been working on my fleet of chainsaws all day, and i've done the equivalent of the tests above ^ on each one that wouldn't start.

Old 12-03-2010 | 07:24 PM
nickslawn
|

I looked at the coil and noticed one of the two wires going to the coil has a little cut in the wire coating. Upon further inspection of the coil wire I saw blue corrosion. I think I will cut the bad spot out and put a connector in to see if that fixes the issue. If that's not the cause it will be someday! I've held the pedal to the floor which didn't help, don't have any starting fluid currently. I'm thinking its the coil. I got to thinking, last year I had a problem similar to the one I'm having now. It was the coil wires then, they had gotten melted on the engine, I wonder if they are corroded under the electrical tape. I will check that also.

Thanks for all the help!

Quick Reply: Got to get it Running, PLEASE HELP!!!