2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SCT XCal 9550 Tuner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Piladeal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCT XCal 9550 Tuner Questions

Hey everybody!!! I'm new here and recently bought a 99 Ram.
It has a 318. I've done a few upgrades: AirRaid Intake, AirRaid Throttle Body Spacer, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster American Thunder(series 50) 1 in dual out exhaust, Bosch Platinum 4 Plugs, Bosch O2 sensors, Serp belt and tensioner pulley. (Thinking of going to a 180 Stat but unsure????)
I was hoping for a noticeable performance increase, but was let down........
I think my problem could be that I need a pcm tune.......soooooo.....I just ordered the SCT XCal 9550(hope it helps)
I havent recieved it yet, but I dont think its coming with a canned tune, so I was wondering if anyone out there knows who I could get/buy/download tunes from for my specific set up. And lastly, do you agree that I need the proper tune to see some results????
BTW, I was looking for the typical Economy/Performance/Towing tunes.
Any help is appreciated!!!
"Go Mopar!!!!"
Thanks!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
TUFF977
Default Tuners

Many I have takled to would disagree about the tuners, but yeah they do what they are supposed to even a bottom line tuner will get you good results as far as performance goes. You probably won't notice it sitting behind the wheel hook it up to a load or take it to a strip and time it before and after and you will see your results.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
JackJ
Captain

Search tuners in this page, there have been a lot about them here.

I personally don't like the 180 t-stat as my truck never got out of warm up mode and my gas milage suffered from it. But others here will tell you it is the best thing they have ever done so take this for what you will.

Take out the TB spacer and use it a catapult ammo, that is all it is good for as we don't TBI.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hemifever is the sct man. he is a member here. he can send you tunes via email.here is his site also.

http://www.hemifevertuning.com/

Last edited by talon6; 12-06-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sct is awesome load up 91 and drive it like you should the power will be there and your milage will improve !

Quick Reply: SCT XCal 9550 Tuner Questions