2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodge runnin choppy

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:41 PM
ch1p~m@gnet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge runnin choppy

First off been thru here a couple times and found some good things, But now i have an issue i havent seen on here 1st i have a remanufactured dodge 5.9l with less then 10k been running good (if you overlook the obvious tranny issues) in a 99 1500 4x4 but just recently, when i start it up it runs good for about 1-2 minutes then sounds like a giant vaccuum leaks happens and it goes to poppin and sputering like its gonna die, and when i go to take off it pops like corn with now power till the rpms come up enought, So we pulled off the throttle body and cleaned it with some gumout carb cleaner put on a new gasket and reinstalled, issue still exists so went to junk yard pulled a body off a 01 that had been wrecked put it on i left the iac , map and tps sensors in the body from junk yard the dern thing still runs like crap the problem can happen anytime i could drive 100 miles and pull in to get a soda come out and its choppin away i have discovered when its struggling its suckin alot of air thru the IAC section on the throttle body i love how all the issues arise when its cold out i need to figure outs whats up with this thing so i can make it to work this winter any suggestions on what the problem could be would be very helpfull

Old 12-12-2010, 07:58 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Try replacing the pre cat o2 sensor.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pre-cat oxygen sensor, guarantoldja.

Quick Reply: dodge runnin choppy