2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine stalling at speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:11 PM
johnnyjaws98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check all yur ground wires they may be guncked up

Old 04-19-2012, 12:43 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the plenum like Hey You suggested. You can then pull the upstream O2 sensor to see if it runs better. After that I would suggest checking the IAC and the TPS. Remove IAC form throttle body and see if the pintle is clean or if there is crud on it and in the port. Celan with carb cleaner. Do NOT twist the pintle. It is a stepping motor and that will screw it up.

There is a service manual and parts manual for download in the FAQ/DIY section. It will tell you how to test and clean.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Boss Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another stalled truck

I'm new to the forum but I'm having the stalling issues and i'm trying to figure things out. It has happen 3-4 occations when it starts it will take 30-60 minutes to restart. then it will stall then crank right back up. I loseall power to the control panel for a second then it will come back on but still won't crank. My check engine light doesn't come on and the it will show now codes when I have it checked. also when I got it home I cranked it up and it ran for a couple of minutes then just shut off. then a couple of minutes cranke up when I tried it. I don't konw where to start with this issue.

Quick Reply: Engine stalling at speed