2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

posi lok

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 PM
fattmann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default posi lok

Has anyone, used the posi lok??
If so do you like it?
My vacuum 4wd would not engage last night when I really needed it, (icy road), It engaged about 15 minutes later
thanks

Old 12-16-2010, 11:23 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Few people on here have them, they work great according to them. Go for it.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 AM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

my brother has one installed, its very nice and he now has a 2lo option.
he switch cause his vac lines were getting tugged on while wheelin and he would loose 4wd.
his only complaint is that its almost like a stethoscope, and he can hear his front end through the **** in the cab.
i think if you would wrap the cable in some kind of rubber insulator it would stop that noise though

Old 12-17-2010, 08:52 PM
obiewan kanobe

i had one installed 2 years ago. works well. the vacuum lines are a real problem. mine were ripped off. even after replacing the vacuum lines, i found that cold weather would either prevent it from engaging or it would cut in and out. i needed a dependable truck. i just use it for bad weather and junk. also good for saturdays downtown driving among morons. ( it gets more respect than my little kia)

Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its one of the best mod's i've done. it gives you the option of 2wd low which avoids the binding and hopping when turning. its also exactly what it says - a positive lock. you pull the cable and hear/feel it go click.

however, if you have a difficult and slow engagement of the vac cad, due to worn bushings, worn collar, worn/burred-up splines, then it will remain difficult with the posilok. the only solution is to fix the bad parts, by pulling the axles and replacing the bushings or cleaning up the splines. i had burr'ed up splines that needed cleanup with a file.

i recommend it. there's pictures on pavementsucks, and i have an install pic thread back in 06 or 07 that you can search for.

Quick Reply: posi lok