2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C sense Circuit or PCM issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Flue
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since we hit a balmy 36 today decided to go and flush the heater core/check AC low pressure.

Both my heater hoses are spliced, one side has the tee coupler, put on a few hose clamps and away we go. minimal coolant loss with the couplers and hose clamps.

Back flushed the opposite way this time and then broke out the air compressor, no sludge from water flushing, but I got a lot of gunk with the air pressure. Filled and repeated 3 times. Started up and burped. Was able to get the cab temp to reach almost 95f by time my radiator hit 190'ish. Not bad. And a lot better than the luke warm crap I had been getting, and the blower was on high, previously I needed to keep below 3rd setting to get any heat in the cab.

Still no A/C, but that can wait. I also discovered that their is a hose coming through the fire wall at the base of the A/C accumulator that blows hot air at the bottom of the accumulator. Now I know why the switch will function at temps below 30f. As near as I could tell (didn't test it) it blows out under every mode. Cool in the summer, hot in the winter.

Quick Reply: A/C sense Circuit or PCM issue