2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:10 AM
rond97sport
Professional

i do mine on my honda every year (its my commute car)ive only sanded them once i buff them every spring to keep them looking new .i used the 3m headlight kit a little more pricey got the job done .

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:49 AM
joshsbetterhalf
|
Professional

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Going from Michigan to Virginia should be a warm up right?

You should do your fog lights too. Or remove the Sport headlights and send them to me. I'll send you some (Far from) perfect SLT lights!
Lol. We did the fog lights. Thanks, but no thanks. I like my stock lights. Even though Josh keeps trying to convince me to buy an aftermarket bumper for the truck. I'm just gonna get a stock replacement though. (He noticed yesterday while doing this that my bumper support bracket is almost completely rusted through.)

Old 12-22-2010 | 09:30 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I used the Meguiers kit on my dads truck...didn't get em totally clean..took the yellow out though.

I guess I need a better kit. Worked fine on my moms car though.

Great job, I've now found that with the clear housings, any yellowing and cloudiness you take out make a huge difference.

Old 12-22-2010 | 09:36 AM
joshsbetterhalf
|
Professional

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
I used the Meguiers kit on my dads truck...didn't get em totally clean..took the yellow out though.

I guess I need a better kit. Worked fine on my moms car though.

Great job, I've now found that with the clear housings, any yellowing and cloudiness you take out make a huge difference.
Yes. Huge doesn't even describe the difference with my truck. It was bad I was questioning whether or not my headlights were on when going down a street with (dim) street lights at night. Now I can see the difference.

Old 12-22-2010 | 10:25 AM
hemiprostock

I used the tip from Trucks TV show (thanks Kevin). 1500 grit wet sandpaper and toothpaste. Worked great and the price was right.

Old 12-22-2010 | 02:12 PM
joshmopar
Professional

I "other half" worked at a body shop for about 5 years and we did the 1500 grit wet paper and rubbing compound thing on a lot of cars. works great. This did not work as well as i had hoped but i will be doing it my way when we get back. And she will be getting a aftermarket front bumper. My trucks my rules. hahahahaha. But after I build my headache rack and rear bumper for the dually.

Josh

Quick Reply: Headlight Restoration