2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1998 360 fuel pump, crank sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:04 PM
jdtuner
|
Default 1998 360 fuel pump, crank sensor?

I've never posted on here, but have been paying attention for awhile. Hate to introduce myself this way, but its 3 days before X-Mas, truck wont run, and im in a hurry. My truck died on me at the stop sign and wont start. Has spark, and if i pour gas in the throttle body it will run. No fuel coming out of the schrader valve. Fuel system fuse is good. Swapped out fuel and ASD relays with horn and security, still nothing. Can not hear fuel pump kick on at anytime. It is my understanding (in short) that the crank sensor sends a signal to the ASD relay, which then goes to the fuel relay, then to the pump. Now, would the crank sensor (if bad) keep the fuel pump from kicking on completley, or am i looking at a bad pump? Or any other thoughts?

I've just moved, dont know anybody, limited on time and cash, and 90% of my tools are still two states away. I cant check voltage on anything or fuel pressure.

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:26 PM
pro tech
Rookie

If you have spark, it's not the crank or cam sensors....time to drop the tank.

Merry X-mas anyways.

^

Quick Reply: 1998 360 fuel pump, crank sensor?