2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

possible specialty tool loaner program

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM
seabass202
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default possible specialty tool loaner program

what do you all think about creating a loaner program for some of the tools needed to work on our trucks? It could include diff tools, trans tools, engine tools, even torque wrenches, code scanners, etc. that we have probably all cumulatively collected and seldom use. maybe a sticky in the DIY section where members can pay shipping both ways with some sort of insurance/deposit if needed to have access to specialized tooling and still come out cheaper than purchasing themselves. I am sure there are bugs that would have to be worked out and rules on acceptable time limits etc. but if anyone could put something like this together we can. Thoughts?

Old 12-26-2010, 04:10 PM
OLE BLUE97
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are auto part stores around where i am that will let you borrow specialty tools. granted they dont have everything youre looking for, but they have most

Old 12-26-2010, 04:15 PM
seabass202
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, they have that here as well, I guess I was just thinking of the more specialized stuff like the tool to depress the overdrive spring or the stuff required to do a cam ( bearing installer, degree wheel) etc.

Quick Reply: possible specialty tool loaner program