2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 running rough with no engine light coming on

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:15 PM
stands2p
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xpresss
Yes, I reset computer, cat is ok. Might just take it to the dealer, almost about to give up, have been working on this thing for a week now and have spent alot of money. Just dont understand why it runs rough at idle and in gear, then clears out when driving or when pushing on gas pedal. Noticed a slight hesitation while in park while reving it up. But changed all the parts and still no change. and still no check engine lite. hooked scanner to it and no codes, and no memory codes
well if you have a scanner you can post up a screenshot of the live data.need the fuel status,STLT AND LTFT,RPM,MAP,COOLANT TEMP.also if this scanner has bi-directional support you can initiate system and component tests narrowing down the gremlin.

if you work on your own vehicle,one needs to have the correct tools.scan tool is on this list of need to have tools just as a wrench or socket set ect ect.AUTOENGINUITY is an excellent tool.for tuning SCANXL PRO is excellent to use in plotting cells.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 AM
xpresss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I found the problem> #1 cyl has low compression. so I guess I am pulling the cly head off. Thx for all the suggestions

Quick Reply: 5.9 running rough with no engine light coming on