2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FIPK question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIPK question

I was informed earlier that the FIPK bolts to the TB by bottoming out the bottom of the bolt onto the throttle body, and not by tension to keep tight. If that is the case, that sucks... because I have a 50mm port n polish TB so where the stud screws is in is lower. The mini stud length would be the same no matter, but I don't have the "ear" there for the bolt to press against.

Can anyone with a FIPK confirm that it mounts this way. And second does anyone with a mod'd throttle body or fastman that grinds the stud area down, how did you fix this issue? Couple nuts?

Old 01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, dbl nut it.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
Yeah, dbl nut it.
Simple enough. I don't have both tb's to compare the height difference which was why i was asking. Did you double nut? lol

Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, it was trial and error.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
Yes, it was trial and error.
Sounds good, I need to grab some more hardware at lowes anyway so ill grab too more. Works out because that will be easier to get the stud out if i need too. Just grab that bottom nut Instead of using vicegrips like I did to remove off of another truck. Damn loc-tite lol

Old 01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Double nut'ed mine too (back when I had the FIPK). I do the same on my round filter s-bolt so that it is always tightened to the same point and points the s-bolt up in the right direction everytime. Also, there should be a little arm that attaches to the tube of the FIPK and screws into a bolt hole on the intake manifold. That helps take a lot of stress off that one bolt holding in the TB.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
Double nut'ed mine too (back when I had the FIPK). I do the same on my round filter s-bolt so that it is always tightened to the same point and points the s-bolt up in the right direction everytime. Also, there should be a little arm that attaches to the tube of the FIPK and screws into a bolt hole on the intake manifold. That helps take a lot of stress off that one bolt holding in the TB.
Yeah I only ran one nut on the open air cleaner to do the same purpose you described. However there was one s-bolt I bent that that lined up perfectly when it bottom's out. (luck)

I'm missing quite a bit of hardware so im trying to go through the contents in the fipk install pdf. I need to come up with something for the spacer on the fenderwell too but that is minor. I'll find something and cut it down if i have too. Thanks for the help guys

Quick Reply: FIPK question