2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel rail leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 02:06 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by CSDavies26
Just replaced my crossover fuel line last night...it's 5/16" fuel injection hose + 2 fuel injection clamps
Thanks for the info. I think the earlier model fuel cross over line size is 3/8" and the later models are 5/16". I put a dial caliper on the metal pipe on one side of the fuel rail and it measured out to be 3/8". Not sure what year(s) the change occurred..

Old 09-13-2013, 02:17 PM
getdown78
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just go to pull and pay or a scrapyard and get a used one ?

Old 06-08-2017, 07:07 PM
maraian

Originally Posted by CSDavies26
Just replaced my crossover fuel line last night...it's 5/16" fuel injection hose + 2 fuel injection clamps
Any feed back on how this repair has held up over time?

Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 AM
maraian

I performed this repair this weekend. looked like a mouse chewed my hose!
I used Fuel injection hose, 2 fuel injection hose clamps on each end and i used permatex aviation form a gasket to help seal it!
No leaks. carefull not to tighten the hose clamps too tight as the fuel rail on my 97 is Plastic!

Old 12-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Benjamin S Goodliffe

Just buy a new setup. It’s cheaper than the the consequences of trying to be cheap. I had a serious fire on mine. Luckily i had a hose and my irrigation water turned on. So i was able to put the fire out fairly quick.

Originally Posted by Me112233
Can you be more specific? I went to Autozone, Advance, and NAPA today, they couldn't come up with any part, hose, or anything beyond "its a dealer part". The NAPA guy who said he once worked at the local Dodge dealer said Chrysler's "part" is the entire fuel rail assembly (the two main tubes with the crossover hose already attached), and it will cost about $350 at dealer retail. The replacement of the entire assembly seems rather straightforward, but I'm not much interested in coughing up $350. I would love to have specific information on the hose kit (manufacturer, official name of the kit, part number, whatever might help me locate one). Thanks.

The leak in the crossover hose suddenly showed up with no warning, and is spewing gasoline all over the engine compartment in the form of a heavy mist (that is a prescription for explosive disaster). Good thing it was in my driveway and not out on the road.

Quick Reply: Fuel rail leak