2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seatbelt Light tied with theft??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:31 PM
methpmp
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seatbelt Light tied with theft??

I have a 99 Ram, and last night I left my keys in the ignition and went inside. I must have bumped the lock plunger with my elbow cuz its locked.. Oh well, I got my spare key and tried opening the door and the locks were frozen being it was -10* out. So I reached the sliding rear window, and unlocked my door.. When i got inside the seatbelt light is on, the seatbelt wont release to let me put it on, the power windows/locks/drivers seat, mirrors, dome light and the speakers dont work.. The radio does work it turns on and plays like normal but no audio thru the car speakers, I have a sub and it still hits like normal.. the switches dont even light up when the running lights turn on like they used to..

I have went thru and checked all the fuses (entire truck) with a multimeter and they all checked out good. I swapped out relays in the hood compartment with the known working horn relay and still nothing.. I have also had the battery disconnected for about 8 hours and the problem still remains.

So where is this common point at that went haywire?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Diefenbaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check Fuse 1 in the PDC

Quick Reply: Seatbelt Light tied with theft??