2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Confused.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 AM
mooseguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused.?

I just recently bought a 1996 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.2 ... 214,000 km on it. Its in rather good shape so decided to buy it not long after I went on a road trip and of course it broke down.I lost power and she started mis-firing and just giving me all kinds of grief alot of popping from carb area.Code 43 kept coming up since this I had her in the garage and have replaced the following... plugs ( champions), plug wires , dist . rotor button , ignition coil , went for a test drive and about 50 kms she did it again if I let her cool down I can ussally drive it back so it was back in the garage put on the computer again they changed the crank sensor and yes again approx 50 or 60 kms broke down again back in garage replaced cam sensor and approx same distance it broke down again . My repair bills are getting too be more than the cost of the truck ... any sugestions ...helpppp ... she starts great and around town never a problem all kinds of power ...

Old 02-16-2011, 08:02 AM
97tn4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say lost power do you mean the truck spit and sputtered more than ran? Sounds like exactly what mine did about 2 months ago. Mine was the fuel pump. It was fine when cool but after it ran a few and the pump warmed up it started acting crazy. I had to put it in 4lo just to get up my driveway but it idled fine. Just something ti check. Oh and I had originally thought bad watery gas so if you try this route dump the tank out into some buckets and fill it up with some new gas. If it works then add the other gas as you go. Good luck

Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quick Reply: Confused.?