2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No communication with Data Link Connector!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 06:28 PM
WildeBC
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I did find two bad ground wires. One from next to the PCM to the bell housing and one from the firewall to the head. The one going from next to the PCM to the head was not looking good either. I replaced all of them and did some further checking on the PCM wires to the DLC all looks good.
So I took it back back to my friend with the Snap-on scanner and everything seemed like it was right again and good. I had to drive it a little more to reset the monitors for the inspection and on my way back to the shop, wouldn't you know it, the frigging MIL turns on for the PS PSI sensor. I'll have one in the AM and see what happens tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:39 PM
WildeBC
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it's been a while, and I forgot to say what happened.
After I replaced the PS PSI sensor, reset codes, drove it to set moniters, I took it back to then shop and low and behold everything worked fine! Inspection all done!

Now there's a new problem, but I'll find a more correct thread for that.

Quick Reply: No communication with Data Link Connector!