2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011 | 10:03 PM
quantip

Hey guys!

First time i write here

I love your forum since i've found useful tips for my Ram 2500 00

Today i was doing a very light wheeling and suddenly my front axle disengaged

Then i saw a 4wd light on the dash... i own my pick up since 4 months or so, made off road trips and never saw the @#$% 4wd light before

I checked the vacuum lines, it seems they all are ok. But i realized that when i pass through 2h - 4h - n - 4l there is no change at the vacuum in the 2 lines (Black an red i think) that are connected to the motor

So do you think there is a problem with the switch that is located on the transfer case?

do you have a vacuum diagram for this system?

Thank you a lot!

ps here is a pic of my Ram. I'm from Venezuela btw

Attached Thumbnails No 4wd-untitled-8.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011 | 10:18 PM
Mad_Scientist
Captain

Check the lines all the way to where they tie in on the back of the block, passenger side. It's common for them to rust through.

Look in the FAQ section of this site to find the FSM (factory service manual) available for download in .pdf format. The vac diagrams should be in there somewhere.

Nice truck... the girls on the hill are very nice also LOL.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-01-2011 | 10:44 PM
quantip

THANKS!

LOL i knew you woud notice... the girls, not the truck hahahaha

i checked the lines. The ones that tie on the passengers side are ok (i think) but i noticed a green line that comes from the control switch that its loose on the engine side. In fact, it was touching the header and now the "L" rubber thing its melted

should be this the problem? where this green line should be connected???

Old 05-02-2011 | 06:08 PM
quantip

well i tried everything today with vacuum lines and i noticed a loose end in a T connection in the driver side of the manifold. I capped it and i tried to engage the 4wd and, suprise! it worked... but just a little while. I tried to climb over a rock and i heard a bang coming from the axle i think... it seems that its not engaging ok

Tomorrow im gonna take out the cad to see if something broke

now i remember is the second time i hear this noise coming from the axle