2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Dodge Ram Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 02:16 AM
CiscoKid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Ram Offroad

Hey everybody,
I just bought a 2001 dodge ram offroad edition with the 5.9 and was surfing the net trying to find out some information on it, and managed to stumble across this forum, so I thought I would give it a shot. Can anyone tell me what all came with the offroad package in 2001? Are the axles any different than the standard ram? Also, I am thinking about putting the leveling spacers in the front, but I had seen on previous postings that the 2001 offroad edition has unique coil springs. Do I have to get a special leveling kit because of this or can I use the same one that a standard ram would use? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:07 PM
mxmancr250
Professional
Default RE: 2001 Dodge Ram Offroad

The Off-Road has a 2" lift from the factory via differnt front springs. I was going to get a 2" leveling kit for the front but was told by the dealer that since it alreay had 2" of lift that it would require new shocks, control arms, pitman arm etc etc etc... So if you want to level it out you probably have to get something like a 5" lift kit , http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33585 , the rear block would be 3" to level it out. The reason I wanted to raise my front was to get 35's to fit so what I ended up doing was just to get a 3" body lift, should be here this week sometime and I will install it next weekend hopefully. Unfortunately though my front end will still sit lower until I can get the 8 bones for the suspension lift.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:38 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

Ok let me give it a shot

1st off you can request a printout of all your equipment by requsting a build sheet from dodge.

I cant find the link for it maybe some one will post up the link for the build sheet!

Dodge will give you a listing of all your parts that were installed on the truck.

From what I gather the offroad package can vary depending on the year and what the 1st owner added in

But you should have

A 3 and 1/2 inch lift block on your rear axle
tow hooks
A skip pan on your trans or front end
and maybe a limited slip rear end.

Im sure if I forget anything some one will post after me.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:59 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup you got tow hooks, decals, 1.5"-2" higher than the standard 4x4 by using differnt coils, you also got 4:10 gears. The Axle is a Dana 44. A standard Ram spacer kit should work but keep in mind when you go over 3" you have to basically get all the parts from the 5" kit like the drop pitman arm and trac bar and stuff like that and it is already using 1.5-2" so you can't go much higher than 1" without replacing everything.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:00 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might have gotten some plastic skid plates also not sure.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:04 PM
CiscoKid

Thanks guys. I think I might try the spacers and just get the pitman arm and trac bar too. I hear from previous postings that the stock trac bar is crap anyway, and this lift will still be TONS cheaper than buying a full 5 inch kit.

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Ram Offroad