2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buy your PCM at solopcms

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 PM
markc522
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy your PCM at solopcms

I was getting the P0601 code (fried pcm).
I need an inspection and they wont let you do it with a CEL on...

I have been fighting and clearing and changing my SCT tunes trying to get rid of it. Finally I returned it back to stock and the light stayed off for a week. I was on my way to get it inspected and the *&@#) CEL came back on.

I was reccomended solopcms.com from hemifever, and read about where not to buy one here on DF. Their website looks cheezzy so I was a little sceptacle, but a new PCM for $260 couldnt be beat. I ordered late monday night and got it in this moring. Its reman, so you can see on the back of the unit where they (looks like a hole saw cut) opened it up. It has been cleaned, repainted and the elec connectors looked new. The part number matched right on, and they put a sticker on there telling you your miles, yr, and make. They also send you paid postage to send your core back in (for the 1 yr waranty). I changed it out just now and (knock on wood) everything is good. The truck runs as good as the old PCM with the 87 SCT tune! Im going to leave the tuner off for a few days to see if the light comes back and then get it inspected.

Overall, (unless I have to use the waranty) I recommend solopcms.com

Quick Reply: Buy your PCM at solopcms