2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

suspension lift options

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 01:27 AM
dubya
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension lift options

I want to get a lift for my 98' Dodge Ram 1500 Extended Cab 4x4.. I was looking at a fabtech 5.5".

Now, whats the difference in a rear block performance system, a leaf spring performance system, or just plain performance system? (this is from the 3 drop down options @ http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...odge_4wd_1.htm ") im not buying from that site im just using it for reference.

I want to lift my truck for mudding, and offroading, etc. Is this the kind of lift that I want? I just want to know what these options are! Help me out here.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:17 PM
dubya
Veteran
Default RE: suspension lift options

BUMP

Old 07-01-2005, 10:52 PM
twcooley

The 5.5 lift is really good. It will give you the lift you are looking for to go muddin with your truck. The difference between blocks, add-aleafs and springs is simple. Blocks are just as they say. All you are giong to be doing is removing your stock blocks from the rear and adding the ones from the kit in. Add a leaf is a combo between a block and a additional leaf spring. New springs are the way to go, simply because the larger the block is the more likely you are going to experience spring wrap or wheel hop. Which is bad juju for the entire drive line. If you can afford to go with the new springs do it you will be much happier. Also with the lift you are talking about you should be able to run 36 possibly 38" tires so long as you have proper back spacing on your wheels which inturn will get your diffs up and out of the mud a little more.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:13 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get the add a leafs instead of the system with blocks. I would look at Skyjacker lifts too.

Quick Reply: suspension lift options