2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Break Locked HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:55 PM
C.W.S.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break Locked HELP!!!

So ever since my brakes were done i have been noticing that some days my truck seems to have no power and acts funny (when you would shut er down it would smell funny too) So i wat thinking darn, the plenum. But otherdays it wouldent do this, kind of had me puzzled. Today i moved some stuff over to my new house, backed into the driveway and i smelt something bad, kinda smelt like clutch and I was like S**T...shut it down and my dad got out of the passenger seat and there was smoke rolling from the pass. side caliper rotar area...and EVERYTHING aroun it was HOT, the rotar had to be Glowing red. So that explained it pulling to the right, loss of power ect... but what would cause the pass side brake to stick on occasionally? it did not do this on my way home, it only does it sometimes. And now i have to pull i all apart again, and take my pads and rotars back and see if they will warrenty them...ay info appreaciated.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

bad caliper or brake hose or some broken part binding it up.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 PM
chogg
Rookie

Sometimes gunk can get stuck in the caliper piston. That will make the brakes stick from time to time. Get some brake part cleaner and clean out the piston and caliper area should put a stop to it.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Novarider
Captain

Did you do the breaks or did a shop? It sounds like a caliper is sticking

Quick Reply: Break Locked HELP!!!