2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Are my rear shocks bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Seth_787446
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are my rear shocks bad?

About 6 months ago I replaced my front shocks with the Gabriel Ultra's and I must admit they are awesome. They were easy to tell they were bad because the outer metal piece on both shocks fell down and was making a clanging sound every time I hit a bump.

I had a buddy ride with me today and he said that my rear shocks need to be replaced because he could hear them rattling. So I crawled under and looked but the outer shell on both shocks were right where they need to be. I did the bounce test and my truck bounces about 1 1/2 - 2 times and then comes back to it's resting position.

Is there possibly another test or something I can look for to help me determine if my rear shocks are bad? My truck rides a little rough but hey, it's a Ram.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 AM
thetypezero
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your rear is making sounds make sure the bolts on your leafs are tight, My leafs make some noise, You can quiet em down by spraying some white lithium grease in a can on your springs.

Quick Reply: Are my rear shocks bad?