2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wiring audio of steering wheel to aftermarket deck

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 PM
WTnMish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring audio of steering wheel to aftermarket deck

My wife has a 99 dodge quad cab with the audio controls on the stering wheel, I purchased an aftermarket deck and the SWI-PS conector so she can use her stering wheel controls. The instructions from PAC web site said to remove the cover around the key cylinder and splice into a white or grey plug. What I would like to know is there a wire that gose from the stering controls to the OEM deck that I can tap my SWI into.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 PM
beefythedodge
Veteran

the controls on the steering wheel do not go directly to the factory deck. there is an external control module that conveys the information from the steering wheel to the head unit which is why you had to get the swi module. the installation is pretty straight forward, just have to remover the plastic shroud are the steering column, and then identify the wiring harness (usually has all the smallest wires) then tap in per the instruction manual. i can get a breakdown of the wiring for you from the computer at my shop. let me know if you need it.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
WTnMish

Thanx for the reply. I thought that might be the case, just trying to save a step. I would apreciate the breakdown if you can get it for me. Id rather be safe then sorry.
Thanx again

Old 04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
gipperkid
Veteran

I'd be insterested in the diagram as well. I have the same issue.

Quick Reply: wiring audio of steering wheel to aftermarket deck