2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar pcm question. Can I use this One?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:26 AM
95Erokram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman2289
this is my truck new exhaust..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L65UiB3zX_c
Nice vid. Nice growl. My exhaust is beastly too but i dont have the patience to set up a youtube vid. Maybe the gf will do so for me on hers lol. I called the company and they're sending the 5.2 unit and a new call sticker so I can send the 5.9 when i recieve the other one free of charge. Thats customer service right there. What Ive noticed is exhaust restricts a lot of power in these trucks. I ran straight headers for two weeks until i opted for a ticketless less loud sound (droned bad in cab) and the thing moved wicked fast compared to now (on straight headers). Ive only got 148k miles and previous owner might have changed the gears. With the computer and perf trans build and soon some hs 1.7's im sure under 8 sec will be easily...easily obtained. I think? haha But ill keep the 3.92's in mind.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 AM
95Erokram
Veteran

Now I have another question. A buddy of mine's buddy want to sell some non adjustable 1.7 HS RR's with about 5 - 10k on them. I know theyre great and only asking 100 bucks flat. Is that something worth while or forking the extra at least 150 (shipping in AK) for brand spankin new ones. The pcm questions been solved by the way. this would be awesome if they look clean. Just wondering what to look for as a red flag if they're used. Im unfamiliar with rockers. Thanks again guys! DF has been a big help lately

Old 04-27-2011, 03:33 AM
95Erokram
Veteran

this is my truck new exhaust..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L65UiB3zX_c
Ill post a 0-60 when I get my baby out of the shop so I dont sound like im talking through the other end. My gf will do the you tube tech stuff for me haha. Im more into the Wrench turning stuff instead. Hopefully I didnt set my self up for an innuendo or something ha

Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95Erokram
Ill post a 0-60 when I get my baby out of the shop so I dont sound like im talking through the other end. My gf will do the you tube tech stuff for me haha. Im more into the Wrench turning stuff instead. Hopefully I didnt set my self up for an innuendo or something ha
As for the used roller rockers i dont see y not but if ur unsure then get the new.. i got mine from a guy who bought a r/t and the guy he bought from gave him the roller rockers. He didnt want so i bought them off him for 100 .... i got a great deal they were new in package never opened... mine only have 2k on them

Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Now I have another question. A buddy of mine's buddy want to sell some non adjustable 1.7 HS RR's with about 5 - 10k on them. I know theyre great and only asking 100 bucks flat. Is that something worth while or forking the extra at least 150 (shipping in AK) for brand spankin new ones. The pcm questions been solved by the way. this would be awesome if they look clean. Just wondering what to look for as a red flag if they're used. Im unfamiliar with rockers. Thanks again guys! DF has been a big help lately
If they are clean looking then they should be good they sit on top of the springs. Just look at them make sure there are no cracks and are clean and they should be good if they only got 5-10 k on them they should be golden.. my stock ones that came out were really clean even with 210xxx miles.. my mechanic was like wow cause of how clean my engine was for those miles i take care of my truck all fluids changed at right times

Old 04-27-2011, 04:24 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Best advice buy them.. they are 350 new. And install for somone who is a gear head or can follow good instructions is easy i didnt do mine cause i dont really do internal engine stuff

Old 04-27-2011, 09:35 PM
95Erokram
Veteran

Best advice buy them.. they are 350 new. And install for somone who is a gear head or can follow good instructions is easy i didnt do mine cause i dont really do internal engine stuff
Ive helped my buddy on his cummins so ill have him help me with it to even the odds. Guess Ill go talk to the guy and take a visual check on them. Thanks for the advice. I love my horespower.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Ive helped my buddy on his cummins so ill have him help me with it to even the odds. Guess Ill go talk to the guy and take a visual check on them. Thanks for the advice. I love my horespower.
ya you will see a great gain with those basically like adding a cam that has 30 more lift than the one u got...

Old 05-08-2011, 06:37 PM
urchinhead

95 Erokram -

where did you find a pcm? I have looked everywhere for one for my '99. My truck is a manual, 4x4, if anybody has one for sale.

And I'm curious about people, "tuning," the computer. From everything else that I've read until today, I have been informed that the Mopar computers will not respond to modifications, and that the use of any kind of, "chip," will fail to work for long, as the computer will quickly compensate for the changes.

Quick Reply: Mopar pcm question. Can I use this One?