2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

V10 to Diesel Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:35 AM
J220
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V10 to Diesel Conversion

I have a two trucks one totaled 02' 2500 diesel other is a 99' 2500 V10. The cummings will soon go in to the 99'. I know the rear axle will need to be the diesels Dayna 80, and engine harness and instrument harness of course have to follow as well as fuel lines and tank. Just thought I would see if anyone on here as done this conversion, or has any ideas or resources for me. Thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
CaseInternational
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are already well off since you have a parts truck. It will save you trips to the junk yard over and over again for little things that are easily forgotten about until they are needed.

I have never completed this swap on a Dodge but did one on a Ford putting a old IDI 6.9 with turbo in a 77 Ford. Very fun project for me and I would imagine it will be fun for you too.

I for one would love to see pictures of the swap and the progress you make as time goes on. Good luck with your project and ask lots of questions along the way as you have them!

Jeff

Quick Reply: V10 to Diesel Conversion