2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C Not Blowing Cold

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Vtwin92fx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the compressor clutch will not engage, there is no way anyone could test and tell you the high and low pressure readings were fine, unless they straight jumped 12 volts to the clutch and forced the compressor on for testing. Unless they recovered the refrigerent charge, weighed it, vacuumed system back down, and re-charged with the correct charge amount, they can't tell you that the system was fully charged either, 1/4 of a pound of refrigerant can have over 100psi on the high side gauge at rest. You need to test for voltage on the circuit. Short and quick, you need to see if you have a 12 volt signal at the compressor clutch when a/c is turned on with the engine running. If you do, and compressor clutch is not engaged, you have an open clutch coil. If you do not have 12 volts there, you need to trace the circuit back to the last place it does have 12 volts, i.e. pressure switches, relay, ect.
Just because you jumped and swapped items does not mean you had power to them to operate the system.

Last edited by Vtwin92fx; 06-05-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-05-2011, 01:58 PM
techguru6966
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so i have tried jumping both switches by themselves and even together, but nothing. I have use some wire as well as tried a paperclip but nothing helped. So they seem to be good. I don't have an ammeter on my at the moment to be able to check the resistance and voltage of the compressor. I will work on obtaining one.

Last edited by techguru6966; 06-05-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quick Reply: A/C Not Blowing Cold