2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another Tranny Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
jimmyperry_00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Tranny Question

I haven't adjusted the bands yet, but I thought I would ask this question too.

What would cause the tranny to **** a lot. I mean, crusing down interstate at 70mph and hit a small grade and it shift out of OD to third, then to second on occasions. Not hauling a load or towing anything. That is one reason I want to adjust the bands when i change the filter and fluid. Is there an adjustment on the linkage from the TB to the tranny to adjust what throtte position it kicks out of OD at?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
greenmachine
All Star
Default RE: Another Tranny Question

While you are adjusting the bands remove the speed sensor(in the tailshaft) and clean off all the shavings. You can just buy one if you so desire 27$ at advance.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:29 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

how far into the throttle are you when it starts down shifting? it sounds normal for the most part, mine used to do that until I added my aftermarket parts and i added some good power across the rpm range... I used to be able to accelerate up the hills in the Sierra's (Calif) in OD slightly. now with the current mods, I've lost some low end torque and it'll down shift because of the throttle position.

band should only need adjusting if it's slipping (my opinion).

Old 07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
greenmachine
All Star

Steve00 is right ,my truck seemed to do it an awful lot until I did my mods. She hardly downshifted at all in od with the mods, had to be one hell of a climb. My new old truck does the same.

Quick Reply: Another Tranny Question