2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help first time swapping 5.9 magnum, no fire

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
1slos40
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help first time swapping 5.9 magnum, no fire

hey my name is cody i am from nc, my parents own a company that my uncle and me work for. for a while my uncle was saying oil pressure was dropping in our 2001 dodge ram 2500, i took it for a drive saw it was intermittent, told my parents get it in the shop 1 week later locked down 5.9, got a 5.9 out of a durango, swapped everything including the intake mani, dropped it in, tried to start it it was slow put a charger on it picked up a little but still nothing, checked my ground all are good, tried starter fluid nothing still, finally stuck a screw driver in the spark plug boot nothing, so i thought maybe 180* out on the disi, turned it still nothing, checked all fuses, all connection i cant find a freaking thing any help would be greatly appreciated my dads breathing down my neck to finish this so we can make some money with it. *****edit: i just went out to see if maybe it was throwing a code, there was a link error, and the odo says no bus, the check engine light, fuel, and i think it was the abs light was on

thanks in advance,

cody

Last edited by 1slos40; 06-23-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: new symptoms

Quick Reply: help first time swapping 5.9 magnum, no fire