2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS and brake light.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 AM
etdavenport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and brake light.

Before I swapped my gears out my ABS and Brake light were on. Upon checking the sensor in the diff, it was smashed in half. Turns out the ABS ring and my pinion had thrown teeth and destroyed it. After I got the gears switched, I swapped out the sensor and the wire harness, reset the light but it popped back on about 50 miles later. Master cylinder is full, brakes are new all around, but hey are still a bit weak like the assist isnt working. Any other things I can check before I end up paying the dealer $100 to troubleshoot it?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:06 AM
96magnumram
Professional

Before you take it to a dealer, stop off at an autozone and see if they can pull any ABS codes...if they can it's free there.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 AM
dodgeramit_10
Veteran

check your fuses lol I dropped my truck off at the repair shop for the same reason and overlooked one fuse and that was the one that had blown.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:43 AM
DodgeTheFather Ramthe Daughter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Autozone scanners can't read abs codes u would have to take it to a shop that has a scanner that can but had mine checked and I have a module out

Old 07-21-2011, 11:16 AM
blackbeasst
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DodgeTheFather Ramthe Daughter
Autozone scanners can't read abs codes u would have to take it to a shop that has a scanner that can but had mine checked and I have a module out
my neighbor works at advance and he said they got in a new scanner that can read abs codes. who knows.

and LOL at your user name

Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 PM
etdavenport
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgeramit_10
check your fuses lol I dropped my truck off at the repair shop for the same reason and overlooked one fuse and that was the one that had blown.
DURR!! that better not be what it is,,,I always freaking forget to do that fisrt too,,,lol Forgot to mention. I had it scanned at the dealer. Was told it is either the cable or the sensor. They wanted $140 to trouble shoot to see which one, so i turned them down [reading the codes was free] and went to the parts counter and bought both for less than $50. May have to do it in the end anyway ,...

Last edited by etdavenport; 07-21-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply: ABS and brake light.